Call Us Today
It is important to have understandable communication between you and your dog and these classes are designed to accomplish that by practicing in ‘real world’ situations.
Our SoCal Destination dog training program spans over a period of four weeks. Each class session is 90 minutes long.
Dogs need to take your leadership seriously. Discipline is setting parameters of what is tolerable and what isn’t tolerable. Limits need to be imposed to show leadership. Training is the avenue to means of communication and relationship with your dog.
When you train and teach your dog, you form a bond with the dog. And the dog forms a bond with you.
- The ideal dog will walk down the street on a loose lead, ignoring people and other dogs.
- He or she will sit calmly at a street crossing and wait for a command to resume walking.
- Sometimes a loud and unexpected noise can happen with no warning and it is great to have your dog look to you for guidance instead of freaking out and trying to run away.
- Often, people will ask to pet your dog and it is nice to know he or she will wait until you tell him it is okay to greet someone. Not everyone enjoys a dog jumping up on them, especially if paws are dirty!
We have a variety of activities and programs for your dogs:
- Rattlesnake Aversion class (offered in the spring)
- Boat Dock Diving
- Haunted House (Halloween)
- Corn Maize Hunt (Halloween)
- Petting Zoo
- Cattle Dog Wednesday
- Hobby Herding
- Horseback Riding
- Pool – How to swim with your dog
These programs and activies vary through out the year – call us to inquire what is currently available during the time that you’re interested.
Above all, it is important to have fun and for both you and your dog to enjoy the experience. Below the photos is a sample of what a four week program may look like. It may vary depending when there are any special events we may want to attend as a class.
|Classes and Locations||Skills|
Downtown Vista at the Avo Theater or
Westfield Mall in Escondido by the Tavern and Bowl
Green Oak Ranch – Vista at the Dining Hall
or Bates Nut Farm – Valley Center at the middle parking area
Encinitas Seaside Bazaar Vulcan Street Park and Ride lot behind the bazaar or
Swimming Adventure –to be determined at a private residence
Offleash at location TBD each week